From 19th April until 2nd May, 18 students (from 5e and 4e) from Caluire and Bourget du Lac took part for the first time in a stay in Ireland.
The students were hosted by Irish families on the coastal town of Malahide, close to Dublin.
The programme during their stay was based on daily English lessons in the « Irish College of English » centre and as well as some cultural outings, among which:
- the visit of Dublin’s city centre, the visit of the Book of Kells and the Old Library in Trinity College
- the visit of Malahide’s castle and of Howth peninsula
- the Irish Emigration Museum, the Leprechaun Museum (a leprechaun is a character from the Irish folklore)
- trying some GAA/gaelic sports (hurling and gaelic football) and visiting the GAA Croke Park Stadium
- an Irish dancing course – this activity has been very popular!
- two full-day outings: to Glendalough National Park and to Kilkenny Castle
All the students practiced their English skills while being immersed in the Irish culture, a culture about which they have learnt a lot.